Kelly DeGroff in the Hagerstown office has passed the CPA exam! We offer our congratulations on this important milestone in her career.
Please join us in welcoming our new marketing director, Ed Warren.
Taking responsibility for your actions and mistakes is crucial to your long-term success in any job. Blaming other people, your circumstances, or bad luck makes you look weak and untrustworthy. Overcome the obstacles by asking these questions when you encounter difficulties:
• What can you do right now to fix the situation you want to change?
• What did you do that contributed to the situation?
• What could you have done differently?
• Are you blaming other people (colleagues, clients, or your boss)?
• Are you making excuses to avoid responsibility?
• Do you ever apologize?
• Do you complain about the situation instead of trying to make things better?
Honest answers will point you in the direction of solutions and show that you’re committed to results, not excuses.